The SES 5.6 is the evolution of the proven SES 4.5. By implementing the latest SES technologies, the SES 5.6 is not only faster than its predecessor, but also more stable and confidence inspiring in challenging wind conditions. Other changes include tubel...
- SKU: NV/SES56/EA
The SES 5.6 is the evolution of the proven SES 4.5. By implementing the latest SES technologies, the SES 5.6 is not only faster than its predecessor, but also more stable and confidence inspiring in challenging wind conditions. Other changes include tubeless tire compatibility for improved traction, rolling efficiency, and less flat tires.
WHO IT'S FOR
Road racers and triathletes looking to maximize speed and efficiency through class leading aerodynamics paired with rolling resistance defying road tubeless technology.
WHY WE MADE IT
The SES 4.5 has been a staple in the Smart ENVE System family of wheels since its launch in 2014. Since then, nearly everything in road racing has changed; among them, the realization that more volume can equate to more speed and efficiency on the road. The SES 5.6 is road tubeless compatible and embodies the spirit of the SES 4.5 by taking its position in the SES lineup as the best road racing wheelset on the market. While disc brakes are commonplace on the road, we acknowledge that they’re not necessary or desired by everyone. For the rim brake rider looking for uncompromised braking performance, our textured full carbon brake track features industry leading heat resistance, uncontested stopping power, and modulation in wet or dry weather conditions. By employing the latest Smart ENVE System aero technologies, the SES 5.6 is faster, more stable, and designed to seamlessly pair with modern road bikes to improve your performance and ride experience.
- Tubeless Kit:
-2x valve stems
-1x roll of tape (good for taping 3 wheels)
-2x Pressure Relief Valve Stem Nuts
- Skewers 100/130mm
- Brake pads 10mm (SRAM/Shimano or Campy)
- Valve Extenders (45mm set)
- Accessory Bag
- Wheel Manual
- Wheelbuild Card
- ENVE SES 2.2, 3.4, 5.6, 7.8, 3.4 Disc, 5.6 Disc, 7.8 Disc, SES Rear Disc Wheel – There are no limitations on tire compatibility with these wheel models. Your ENVE SES wheels may be set up and run with inner-tubes and non-tubeless tires or tubeless (TL) and tubeless ready (TLR) tires alike. We recommend the use of a Tubeless (TL) or Tubeless Ready (TLR) 700x25c tire set up tubeless to maximize aerodynamics, rolling resistance, crosswind stability, and your ride experience.
- Non-Tubeless Setup (i.e. I want to run inner-tubes) – Each ENVE SES wheelset is delivered with one roll of RED, model specific, ENVE tested and approved tubeless rim tape. This tape should be installed regardless of whether you intend to run your wheels tubeless or not. Do not run cloth or plastic (including ENVE) non-tubeless compatible rim tape or strips. Plastic rim strips and cloth tapes are too thick, bridge the drop-center rim channel, and will make installation and removal of tires extremely difficult. Click here for our tubeless tape installation video.
- Cotton and/or Natural Fiber Sidewall Tires – ENVE does NOT RECOMMEND the use of cotton or natural fiber sidewall non-tubeless tires with ENVE SES wheelsets for EVERYDAY USE. These tires are intended for high-performance racing applications only. If you choose to run these tires, please inspect your tires after each ride for cuts, tears, and any signs of abrasion and/or wear in the sidewall and at the location of the rim/tire interface. If any wear and/or damage is identified, replace before riding. Riders who choose to run tires with cotton or natural fiber sidewalls do so at their own risk.
5.6 RIM SHAPE EXPLAINED
Building upon the legacy of the SES 4.5 by delivering more speed via next gen SES rim shaping, the SES 5.6 sees increased depth without a decrease in stability.
The all-new SES rim profile has revised curvature and increased widths that are optimized for 25mm tires in modern frames with greater clearances. Adding tubeless compatibility for decreased rolling resistance, along with our bar-setting carbon braking surface makes this the ultimate road-racing wheelset for everyday use.
At 54mm depth in the front, and 63mm depth in the rear, the SES 5.6 was painstakingly refined to achieve the optimal combination of strength, stiffness, and lightweight for the application for which it was designed. In the case of the SES 5.6 – Road Racing.
FULL CARBON LAMINATE
At ENVE, we use only the best materials in the construction of our rims. In this case, 100% unidirectional carbon fiber. Over the years we have developed and identified specific construction methods, resin systems, and manufacturing techniques that best serve the mountain application. The result is that each rim in the M Series, while sharing in pedigree, has a dedicated laminate to ensure the best on-trail performance. As an example, the forces inflicted upon a wheelset by a trail rider on a 130mm bike are very different than the forces exerted on a wheelset used for downhill racing on a 200mm bike. Therefore, the laminate is optimized to create a structure that achieves the desired impact resistance, stiffness, and compliance.
TEXTURED FULL CARBON BRAKE TRACK
With near equal wet and dry performance, 30% less lever force required for the same stopping power and exceptional heat management, it’s no wonder that BikeRadar.com said our latest brake track “sets new standards for carbon wheels”. Your rim brake bike will be given a huge braking performance boost.
There are three elements, all the product of relentless research and development. First is the molded-in brake surface texture which provides more friction and allows water to be cleared almost instantly. Second is the advanced high-temp resin system which eliminates the heat build-up issues that other carbon clinchers can suffer, so you can ride long descents with total confidence. Third is our unique ENVE Black pad compound which is designed to work with the molded texture to provide incredible all-weather stopping power along with good durability.
Need to know:
- The best carbon braking, period. Near equal wet and dry performance
- 30% less lever force required for the same stopping power
- Advanced high-temp resin system eliminates heat build-up issues during heavy braking on long descents
- Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads included
ROAD TUBELESS COMPATIBLE
Greater speed, comfort, grip and puncture resistance – what’s not to like about road tubeless? With the selection of a high performance tire at the right pressure, you can achieve lower rolling resistance and more speed. Tubeless also allows you to run much lower tire pressures for far greater comfort, traction, and efficiency, especially over poor road surfaces and gravel, all without sacrificing speed. The potential for pinch flats and, with sealant, debris punctures is all but eliminated.
ENVE recognized early that road tubeless technology is here to stay and we drew on our years of experience making the world’s best mountain bike wheels to optimize the SES range for tubeless (excluding the current SES 4.5). With rims going wider and frames giving more tire clearance, the key aspects of bike design were aligned to make tubeless the best choice: wider rims make it easier to mount tubeless tires. Disc brakes add even more benefits for tubeless, typically allowing larger tires as well as removing issues of heat at the rim.
Need to know:
- Tubeless optimized design
- Faster rolling
- Higher grip
- Greater comfort
- Outstanding puncture resistance
RESOURCES + SUPPORT
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review