The Unit X has become a cult favorite among die-hard Kona fans. Maybe it’s the Cromoly frame. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s a bike packing monster, or its well-geared 12-speed drivetrain, or modular dropouts which give you the ability to run it as a singl...
- SKU: K22/UNIT/X XL
The Unit X has become a cult favorite among die-hard Kona fans. Maybe it’s the Cromoly frame. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s a bike packing monster, or its well-geared 12-speed drivetrain, or modular dropouts which give you the ability to run it as a single speed if that’s your thing. Maybe it’s because the rigid fork makes it that much more of a classic. We may never know why the Unit X is such a popular bike, but we can only guess it’s because it is one of the most practical machines in our lineup.
REYNOLDS 520 CROMOLY
Reynolds 520 tubes are mandrel-butted for accurate profiles and available in a wide range of shapes. Weight savings from butting provides competitively priced, light framesets that are noticeably compliant on the road or the trail, and are guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
44mm HEAD TUBE
44mm oversized heatubes allow us to run tapered steerer forks by using a large external lower cup headset bearing. The larger diameter steerer tube adds considerable stiffness and will increase responsiveness to the front end, improving all-around performance.
TUBELESS COMPATIBLE RIMS
Tubeless rims allow for tires with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
12x142mm, 12x148 and 12x157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you’ll see the 12x148 Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
- FRAME MATERIAL - Reynolds 520 Butted Cromoly
- SIZES - S, M, L, XL
- REAR SHOCK - n/a
- FORK - Kona Plus fork 110mm spacing
- CRANKARMS - Shimano Deore 12spd
- CHAINRINGS - 32t
- B/B - Shimano 73mm
- PEDALS - n/a
- CHAIN - Shimano Deore 12spd
- FREEWHEEL - Shimano Deore 10-51t 12spd
- CHAINGUIDE - n/a
- F/D - n/a
- R/D - Shimano Deore
- SHIFTERS - Shimano Deore 12spd
- BRAKE CALIPERS - Shimano MT410 Hydraulic
- FRONT BRAKE ROTOR - Shimano RT10 180mm (centerlock)
- REAR BRAKE ROTOR - Shimano RT10 160mm (centerlock)
- BRAKE LEVERS - Shimano MT410 Hydraulic
- HEADSET - TH ZST No.10
- HANDLEBAR - Kona XC/BC Riser
- STEM - Kona XC/BC
- SEATPOST - Kona Thumb w/Offset 31.6mm
- SEAT CLAMP - Kona Clamp
- GRIPS - Kona Key Grip
- SADDLE - WTB Volt
- FRONT HUB - Shimano 110x15mm
- REAR HUB - Shimano 148x12mm
- SPOKES - Stainless Black 14g
- RIMS - WTB ST i30 2.0 TCS
- FRONTIRE - WTB Ranger TCS 29x2.6"
- REAR TIRE - WTB Ranger TCS 29x2.6"
- PAINT - COLOR Gloss Metallic Dragonfly w/ Charcoal & Nimbus Decals
- EXTRAS - n/a
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review