When it comes time to head out the door for that all-day ride into the alpine, the Instinct Powerplay is our most versatile e-bike in the lineup. You will ride faster, you will ride further, covering more ground than you would've only dreamed about before...
- SKU: B0138SM2AU
The Instinct Powerplay integrates our powerful Dyname 3.0 drive system on a 29” wheeled platform with 140mm of rear travel for efficient rolling over long distances. Featuring the iWoc TRIO remote, our RIDE-9 adjustment system, tweaked suspension kinematics, and great small bump sensitivity, the Instinct Powerplay is perfect for the big epic rides!
- Frame - FORM™ Alloy. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB89.5. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate. 140mm Travel. FORM™ Alloy Rear Triangle
- Drive System - Dyname 3.0 Class 1 eMTB Drive | 250w | 108Nm | Upgraded High Cadence Boost & Power Extension Firmware
- Battery - 672 Wh Fully Integrated Li-Ion | 48V FAST Charger | 80% Charge in 2:10 | 100% Charge in 3:50
- Remote - i Woc TRIO V3 Remote w. ANT+ LEV communication
- Overtime pack Compatible - Yes
- Sizes - SM-MD-LG-XL
- ForkRock - Shox 35 Gold RL 150mm | 44mm Offset
- Front Travel - 150mm
- ShockRock - Shox Deluxe Select+ | Sealed Bearing Eyelet | 25x8mm F Hardware | 210x55mm
- Rear Travel - 140mm
- Headset - FSA Orbit NO.57E | 36°x45° Bearings | 30.2mm x 41mm x 7.1mm Upper | 40mm x 51.8mm x 7.5mm Lower | 1.5" Crown Race
- Stem - Rocky Mountain 31.8 AM | 5° Rise | All Sizes = 40m
- Handlebar - Rocky Mountain AM | 780mm Width | 12mm Rise | 9° Backsweep | 5° Upsweep | 31.8mm Clamp
- Grips - Rocky Mountain Lock On Light
- Brakes - Shimano 4120 Trail 4 Piston | Resin Pads | RT64 203mm F Rotor | RT64 203mm R Rotor
- Shifters - Shimano Deore 11spd
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore 11spd
- Cranks & Chainrings - Race Face Ride Cinch 34T | 24mm Spindle | 170mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano SM-BBMT500
- Cassette - Shimano Deore 11-51T 11spd
- Chain - KMC X11-1
- Front Hub - Shimano MT410 | 15mm Boost
- Rear Hub - Shimano MT400 Boost 148mm | RMB Axle | 163mm x 12mm x 1.5mm
- Spokes - 2.0 Stainless
- Rims - WTB ST i35 TCS 2.0 Tubeless | Tubeless Ready - Tape | Valves Incl | 32H
- Tires - F: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.6 EXO Tubeless Ready // R: Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.6 EXO Tubeless Ready
- Seatpost - Rocky Mountain Toonie Drop Composite 30.9mm | SM = 125mm | MD - LG = 150mm | XL = 170mm
- Saddle - WTB Volt | Steel Rails | 142mm Width
- Weight - 24.70 KG | 54.3 LBS | Incl. Inner Tubes
Dyname™ 3.0 drive
Designed in Canada, in collaboration with Propulsion Powercycle, the Dyname™ 3.0 drive system is a sleek, lightweight, and powerful electric assist that pushes the boundaries of electric bikes. Its compact, low-mounted motor allows us to design electric mountain bikes to our suspension and handling standards—with proper geometry and ideal pivot placement. The system provides class-leading torque, instant power response, and super-fast charging.
Size Specific tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
FORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
RIDE-9 adjustment system
The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Adjust your RIDE-9 position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes, and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
- Owner's Manual (EN-FR-DE-IT)
- Owner's Manual (SLV)
- Quickstart Guide (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- iWoc Installation Guide (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- RIDE-9 Setup Guide
- Guide de configuration système RIDE-9
- Sizing Chart (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- Quickstart Guide (SLV)
- Battery Guide (EN - FR - DE - IT)
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review