Our Steel Horse (Equus Ferro) is a born cross-country stallion. This steed is fitted with larger 29-inch wheels that give you better rollover incidence (gallops over bumps more easily) and maintain speed through rough terrain. Shod with a 2.4-inch CST Jac...
- SKU: JT213010057
Our Steel Horse (Equus Ferro) is a born cross-country stallion. This steed is fitted with larger 29-inch wheels that give you better rollover incidence (gallops over bumps more easily) and maintain speed through rough terrain. Shod with a 2.4-inch CST Jack Rabbit rear speed tread tyre and a 2.4inch CST Patrol front self-cleaning tyre for added control, the Equus Ferro keeps you pointed in the right direction. This is an excellent balance of speed and control, keeping your front tyre firmly planted while the rear does its job, driving you forward.
A little insider pro tip that many people may not know is that any 29-inch MTB rim is actually '622' (an industry measurement stamped on all tyres). Conveniently, all roads, cities, and most gravel or adventure bikes are also 622. This means the tyres are interchangeable between all 622 bikes (excluding some rims that have limitations). When you choose a 29-inch bike, you can run almost any tyre you want across all styles. This makes Equus Ferro an extremely versatile bike for commuting, adventure, or more aggressive off-road riding with even fatter tyres. You have the freedom to modify your Equus Ferro to any bike you desire.
- FRAME - Premium 6061 heat-treated alloy, fluid formed (smooth weld) head tube and seat junction, automotive epoxy paint, seat tube machined to the bottom bracket (BB), internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, dropout-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, oversize lower headset bearing, tapered fork compatible.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Hollowtech2 sealed outboard bearing set (easy install)
- BRAKE LEVERS - Tecktro M285, mineral oil hydraulic ,160mm rotor
- BRAKE CALIPERS - Tecktro M285 mineral oil hydraulic
- CASSETTE - Sunshine, 11-42t, 9-speed
- CHAIN - KMC, Z9, narrow, anti-corrosion coating, 9-speed
- CHAINRING - Charm 34t Narrow Wide 34T x 175 4 bolt 104PCD/BCD
- CRANKSET - Charm Forged 6061 T6 alloy, 2 piece splined 175 4 bolt 104PCD/BCD
- DERAILLEUR REAR - Shimano RD-M870 Altus long cage direct mount
- FORK - Halo oversize stanchion, coated stanchions, preload adjustment and lockout. hydraulic lock inner tube 34- ED aluminium Crown and lowers
- GRIPS - Halo double-bolt alloy, lock-on
- HANDLEBARS - Halo oversize, Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree back sweep, 31.8mm 727mm
- HEADSET - Open bearing oversize lower with a sealed mechanism
- HUB FRONT - Joytech 100 Alloy QR Black Anodized 6 bolt disk 32h
- HUB REAR - Joytech Shimano compatible spline 9-11s 135mm Alloy QR Black Anodized 6 bolt disk 32h
- INNER TUBES - Presta 40mm valve
- PEDALS - VP full Alloy platform 9/16 double bearing
- RIMS - Halo Alloy, 29", Modular (box profile) Heat Treated, Anodized, 34.8mm internal width, 32h
- SADDLE - Halo Anatomic
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, quick release, 34.9
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 12mm offset, 1 x bolt clamp, 30.6mm
- SHIFT LEVER - Shimano SL-M2010 Rapid-fire Plus SIS Optislick, 9-speed w/ Optical Gear Display Clamp band
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- STEM - Halo 4 bolt, lightweight 70mm 5-degree rise
- TYRE FRONT - CST Patrol 29x2.4 Control Tyre
- TYRE REAR - CST Jack Rabbit 29 x 2.4 Speed Tread
- TOTAL WEIGHT - 14.8kg
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review