You never forget your first taste of real speed, you know, the kind that brings an ear-to-ear grin you just can't seem to shake. Not to worry, from grinning to winning, the Epic Comp has you covered.
A Smarter BRAIN
Mixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, Epic has always been defined by uncompromised commitment to speed.
Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums too. True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient BRAIN suspension we’ve ever created to ensure it’s always on a first-name-basis with fast.
Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike—all more smoothly than ever.
Redesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and more confident handling performance, the Epic’s all-new FACT 11m carbon frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform, while the revised carbon layup of the front-triangle sheds weight, sending the Epic’s already sky-high stiffness-to-weight ratio even higher.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic’s FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- The Reba RL from RockShox benefits from the SID's development on the World Cup circuit, providing a race-tested Motion Control damper with external low-speed compression, lockout and rebound adjustments.
- Sprightly stoppers from SRAM, Level TL brakes offer smooth modulation for precise speed control.
- Specialized Alloy tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 25-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.
- Frame - FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- SWAT - SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool
- Rear Shock - RockShox-Specialized BRAIN, Rx XC Tune, 5 Position Platform Adjust, Rebound Adjust, Integraded Extension, 265x52.5mm
- Handlebars - Specialized Alloy Minirise, 6.5mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Fork - RockShox Reba RL, Motion Control damper, Solo Air, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 100mm of travel
- Tape - Specialized Trail Grips
- Saddle - Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails
- SeatPost - Specialized Alloy, Single Bolt, 30.9mm
- Front Brake - SRAM Level TL, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake - SRAM Level TL, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers - SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette - SRAM XG-1275, 12-speed, 10-52t
- Chain - SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Crankset - SRAM X1000 Eagle, DUB, 170/175mm 34T
- Chainrings - 34T
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, threaded
- Rims - Specialized Alloy, Tubeless Ready, 25mm internal width, 28h
- Front Hub - Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 32h
- Rear Hub - Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 148mmx12mm thru-axle, 28h
- Spokes - DT Swiss Industry
- Front Tire - Specialized Fast Trak, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35
- Rear Tire - Specialized Renegade, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35
- Inner Tubes - Standard, Presta valve
- Seat Binder - Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm