$ 2,299.00 $ 1,954.15
The Dr Dew is sure to be a looker among the throngs of urban bikes. The Dr Dew features a sleek Cromoly Butted frame in subtle, yet eye-catching colors. A 12-speed groupset keeps shifting ultra-smooth and geared for any big hill the city may have. Powerfu...
- SKU: K22/DEW/DR SM
The Dr Dew is sure to be a looker among the throngs of urban bikes. The Dr Dew features a sleek Cromoly Butted frame in subtle, yet eye-catching colors. A 12-speed groupset keeps shifting ultra-smooth and geared for any big hill the city may have. Powerful hydraulic disc brakes keep the speed in check, and puncture-resistant 650x47c tires keep the potholes at bay. The Dr Dew is efficiency and style rolled into one killer flat-bar commuter.
Very few materials offer as much shock absorption, durability and supple-ride characteristics as steel. We’ve never strayed from cycling’s original material and have worked tirelessly to adapt, refine and innovate Kona Cromoly framesets as rider demands continue to evolve.
TAPERED HEAD TUBE
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going—into the lower headset cup—maximizing bearing durability where it’s needed.
TUBELESS COMPATIBLE RIMS
Tubeless rims allow for tires with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
12x142mm, 12x148 and 12x157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you’ll see the 12x148 Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
650b wheels and tires have a similar overall diameter to a traditional 700c gravel or commuting tire, but with a smaller diameter rim and a wider, taller tire. The extra air volume in this new generation of urban and mixed-surface tires means they can be run comfortably at lower pressures while still rolling quickly on a variety of surfaces. It’s the best of both worlds.
- FRAME MATERIAL - Kona Cromoly Butted
- SIZES - S, M, L, XL
- REAR SHOCK - n/a
- FORK - Kona Project Two Cromoly Disc 180
- CRANKARMS - FSA Comet Modular
- CHAINRINGS - 38t
- B/B - FSA Road Mega EXO 68mm
- PEDALS - Kona JS2
- CHAIN - Shimano Deore
- FREEWHEEL - Shimano Deore 10-51t 12spd
- CHAINGUIDE - n/a
- F/D - n/a
- R/D - Shimano Deore 12spd
- SHIFTERS - Shimano Deore 12spd
- BRAKE CALIPERS - Shimano Altus Flat mount
- FRONT BRAKE - ROTOR Shimano RT54 180mm (centerlock)
- REAR BRAKE - ROTOR Shimano RT54 180mm (centerlock)
- BRAKE LEVERS - Shimano Altus
- HEADSET - FSA No.1/No.10
- HANDLEBAR - Kona Aluminum Riser
- STEM - Kona Commuter
- SEATPOST - Kona Thumb w/Offset 27.2mm
- SEAT CLAMP - Kona Clamp
- GRIPS - Kona Key Grip
- SADDLE - WTB Volt
- FRONT HUB - Shimano 100x12mm (centerlock)
- REAR HUB - Shimano 142x12mm (centerlock)
- SPOKES - Stainless Black 14g
- RIMS - WTB ST i23 TCS 2.0
- FRONTIRE - WTB Horizon Road Plus Comp w/ Puncture Protection 650x47c
- REAR TIRE - WTB Horizon Road Plus Comp w/ Puncture Protection 650x47c
- PAINT - COLOR Gloss Metallic Pewter w/ Charcoal & Turquoise Decals
- EXTRAS - Fenders w/ Mudflaps
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review
$ 2,299.00 $ 1,954.15