When we set out to design a new 'cross rig, we didn't just want to make another adventure bike with added tire clearance—we knew we had to create a purebred racing steed that was fast, confident, lightweight, and rides like no other 'cross bike out there....
- SKU: 91421-7149
When we set out to design a new 'cross rig, we didn't just want to make another adventure bike with added tire clearance—we knew we had to create a purebred racing steed that was fast, confident, lightweight, and rides like no other 'cross bike out there. And sure, with multiple Cyclocross World Championships to its name, the CruX has more than proven itself in 'cross, but we're proud to say that this CruX takes the legacy to a whole different level.
This CruX comes spec'd with a reliable SRAM Apex 1 hydraulic disc groupset, durable Axis Elite Disc wheels, and 700x33mm Tracer Sport tires that hookup over nasty terrain.
- Starting with the frame, we implemented our Rider-First Engineered™ technology that was first introduced on our Tarmacs. Using size-specific tubes and layups, this technology allows the CruX to feature the same ride characteristics across every size in the range. Not only this, but it also allowed us to significantly drop the frame weight, so the CruX now comes in around a scant 900 grams for a 56cm (*dependent on frame size and color)—over 400 grams lighter than the previous frameset. A light and stiff frame, alone, isn't useful in a 'cross race if it isn't compliant, however, which is why the new CruX also combines stiffness and compliance in all the right places. And to assist with the latter, we lowered the seat collar by two centimeters for more exposed seatpost and cushion for big hits.
- We also know that cyclocross races are often won in the corners and over the barriers, which is why the CruX geometry takes this into account. The top tube has been designed for easy shouldering when you're hopping off to clear barriers, as it features a large opening to the front triangle and a flat bottom. For stability in the corners and on off-camber sections, the geometry has a low bottom bracket and a sharp front-end. This combination also helps to initiate corners, regardless of the terrain.
- With maximum mud-shedding ability in mind, we included eight millimeters of clearance on all sides of a 33mm tire, providing plenty of clearance for muddy conditions. After all, frame weight becomes irrelevant when it's covered in 10 pounds of mud.
- FRAME - FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, 1-3/8" lower bearing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK - S-Works FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- TAPE - Specialized CX Pro Gel
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails
- SEATPOST - Specialized Alloy, Single Bolt, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER - Included w/ frame
- FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Apex, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - SRAM Apex, hydraulic disc
- SHIFT LEVERS - SRAM Apex 1x HRD
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM Apex 1, long cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE - Sunrace, 11-speed, 11-36t
- CRANKSET - Praxis Alba M30, 1x direct-mount
- CHAINRINGS - Praxis Wave Tech, 40T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Praxis M30
- CHAIN - KMC X11 Extra Lightweight, 11-speed
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 28h
- FRONT TIRE - Tracer Sport, 700x33mm
- REAR TIRE - Tracer Sport, 700x33mm
- INNER TUBES - Presta valve, 48mm
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review