The Bohemoth is our most robust all-terrain bike that comes into its own on sandy and rocky terrain—featuring additional mud clearance, alloy crown and alloy lower fork with softened resistance spring including (non-remote) lockout. This bike boasts overs...
- SKU: JT213010150
The Bohemoth is our most robust all-terrain bike that comes into its own on sandy and rocky terrain—featuring additional mud clearance, alloy crown and alloy lower fork with softened resistance spring including (non-remote) lockout. This bike boasts oversized 34mm coated stanchions for smoother soft travel and corrosion resistance. Bohemoth powers all condition tyres through the most challenging terrain with 27.5-inch (650) modular HT rims and semi-fat 2.6-inch CST patrol self-cleaning. Grip, comfort, control, and rim protection: it has it all.
Bikes run the more common 2.4-inch tyres struggle on sandy or sharp rocky terrain. If we had chosen a larger tyre (3 inches or more – 650 plus), the bike would develop ‘Control Steer’. This is when you lean your bike, but the bike wants to keep moving straight. To ride a 650 plus or ‘Fat Bike’, one must hold the bike more upright, ‘lean less’ and turn the bars more to initiate a turn. This is not a desirable or predictable feeling until you become more familiar with the handling characteristics of 650 plus. As a school bike, hire bike or fleet bike, we want this bike to feel safe and predictable and be the most comfortable bike our participants have ridden from the get-go! 2.6inch boost it is!
- FRAME - Premium 6061 heat treated alloy, fluid formed (smooth weld) head tube and seat junction, automotive epoxy paint, seat tube machined to bottom bracket (BB), internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, dropout-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, oversize lower headset bearing, tapered fork compatible.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Hollowtech2 sealed outboard bearing set (easy install)
- BRAKE FRONT - Tecktro M285, mineral oil hydraulic ,160mm rotor
- BRAKE REAR - Tecktro M285 mineral oil hydraulic
- CASSETTE - Sunshine, 11-42t, 9-speed
- CHAIN - KMC, Z9, narrow, anti-corrosion coating, 9-speed
- CHAINRING - Charm 34t Narrow Wide 34T x 175 4 bolt 104PCD/BCD
- CRANKSET - Charm Forged 6061 T6 alloy, 2 piece splined 175 4 bolt 104PCD/BCD
- DERAILLEUR REAR - Shimano RD-M870 Altus long cage direct mount
- FORK - Halo oversize stanchion, coated stanchions, preload adjustment and lockout. hydraulic lock inner tube 34- ED aluminium Crown and lowers
- GRIPS - Halo double bolt alloy, lock-on
- HANDLEBARS - Halo oversize, Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree back sweep, 31.8mm 727mm
- HEADSET - Open bearing oversize lower with sealed mechanism
- HUB FRONT - Joytech 100 Alloy QR Black Anodized 6 bolt disk 32h
- HUB REAR - Joytech Shimano compatible spline 9-11s 135mm Alloy QR Black Anodized 6 bolt disk 32h
- INNER TUBES P- resta 40mm valve
- PEDALS - VP full Alloy platform 9/16 double bearing
- RIMS Halo - Alloy , 27.5", Modular (box profile) heat treated, anodised, 34.8mm internal width, 32h
- SADDLE - Halo Anatomic
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, quick release, 34.9
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 12mm offset, 1 x bolt clamp, 30.6mm
- SHIFT LEVER - Shimano SL-M2010 Rapid-fire Plus SIS Optislick, 9-speed w/ Optical Gear Display Clamp band
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- STEM - Halo 4 bolt, lightweight 70mm 5-degree rise
- TYRE FRONT - CST Patrol 27.5 x 2.6 Control Tyre
- TYRE REAR - CST Patrol 27.5 x 2.6 Control Tyre
- TOTAL WEIGHT - 14.8kg
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review