The Altitude Powerplay set the standard for how to bring cutting-edge power to an aggressive trail bike, and it’s still turning heads. Known for its precise handling and ride quality, this capable e-bike will have you riding more, faster, further.
- SKU: B0142LG1AU
We took attributes from our race-winning Altitude platform and integrated the Dyname 3.0 drive system to create a groundbreaking new e-bike for riders around the world. With 27.5” wheels, 150mm of rear travel with optimized suspension kinematics, and 108 Nm of class-leading torque, the Altitude Powerplay is an e-bike that rides like a normal mountain bike. It’s perfect for self-shuttling your way up and down the mountain, pushing it hard on the descent, and squeezing in that extra lap.
We stand behind our products. We’ve increased the warranty on our electrical components from 24 months to 36 months, making it the best in the industry in terms of coverage length. This change is retroactive and will apply to all Powerplay models from their purchase date to present day, and into the future. For more information, visit our Powerplay overview page.
- Frame - SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB89.5. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate. 150mm Travel. FORM™ Alloy Rear Triangle
- Drive System - Dyname 3.0 Class 1 eMTB Drive | 250w | 108Nm | Upgraded High Cadence Boost & Power Extension Firmware
- Battery - 672 Wh Fully Integrated Li-Ion | 48V FAST Charger | 80% Charge in 2:10 | 100% Charge in 3:50
- Remote - iWoc TRIO V3 Remote w. ANT+ LEV communication
- Overtimepack Compatible - Yes
- Sizes - SM-MD-LG-XL
- Fork - Fox 38 Float EVOL GRIP Performance Series 160mm | 37mm Offset
- Front Travel - 160mm
- Shock - Fox Float DPX2 Performance | Sealed Bearing Eyelet | 25x8mm F Hardware | 210x55mm
- Rear Travel - 150mm
- Headset - FSA Orbit NO.57E | 36°x45° Bearings | 30.2mm x 41mm x 7.1mm Upper | 40mm x 51.8mm x 7.5mm Lower | 1.5" Crown Race
- Stem - Rocky Mountain 35 AM | 5° Rise | All Sizes = 40m
- Handlebar - Rocky Mountain AM | 780mm Width | 25mm Rise | 9° Backsweep | 5° Upsweep | 35mm Clamp
- Grips - Ergon GD1 EVO Lock On
- Brakes - Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston | Metal Pads | RT66 203mm F Rotor | RT66 203mm R Rotor
- Shifters - Shimano XT
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
- Cranks & Chainrings - Race Face Aeffect Cinch 34T | 24mm Spindle | 170mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano SM-BBMT500
- Cassette - Shimano XT 10-51T
- Chain - Shimano M8100
- Front Hub - Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss Hybrid 370 Boost 148mm | RMB Axle | 163mm x 12mm x 1.5mm
- Spokes - DT Swiss Alpine 2.3/2.0
- Rims - WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0 Tubeless | Tubeless Ready - Tape | Valves Incl | 32H
- Tires - F: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 WT 3C MaxxGrip DD Tubeless Ready // R: Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.4 WT 3C MaxxGrip DD Tubeless Ready
- Seatpost - Race Face Turbine R (by Fox) Dropper 30.9mm | SM = 125mm | MD - LG = 150mm | XL = 175mm
- Saddle - WTB Volt Race | Cromoly Rails | 142mm Width
- Weight - 23.88 KG | 52.5 LBS | Incl. Inner Tubes
Dyname™ 3.0 drive
Designed in Canada, in collaboration with Propulsion Powercycle, the Dyname™ 3.0 drive system is a sleek, lightweight, and powerful electric assist that pushes the boundaries of electric bikes. Its compact, low-mounted motor allows us to design electric mountain bikes to our suspension and handling standards—with proper geometry and ideal pivot placement. The system provides class-leading torque, instant power response, and super-fast charging.
Size Specific tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
ABC pivots are light and stiff. Unlike other bushings, our patented system controls the contact of the bushing surfaces, reducing stiction and binding. Their angled bushing surfaces increase their relative contact area, optimizing them for compact locations like chainstay pivots.
RIDE-9 adjustment system
The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Adjust your RIDE-9 position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes, and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
- Owner's Manual (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- Owner's Manual (SLV)
- Owner's Manual (CZE)
- Quickstart Guide (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- Quickstart Guide (SLV)
- Battery Guide (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- RIDE 9 Setup Guide
- Guide de configuration système RIDE-9
- Sizing Chart (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- iWoc Installation Guide (EN - FR - DE - IT)
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review