The Altitude will be our key platform for enduro racing and aggressive trail riding. Ridden by the Rocky Mountain Race Face Enduro Team, this bike is fast. Already race proven with Jesse's win at the EWS in Zermatt, the redesigned Altitude is now more cap...
- SKU: B0121MD91GB
The Altitude will be our key platform for enduro racing and aggressive trail riding. Ridden by the Rocky Mountain Race Face Enduro Team, this bike is fast. Already race proven with Jesse's win at the EWS in Zermatt, the redesigned Altitude is now more capable than ever.
The goal with the redesign was to create a bike that would be competitive on today's racetracks while still being a ton of fun for those getting out on weekends. We might not all smash racetracks and stand on podiums like Jesse Melamed, but we can all relate to the feeling of committing to ride a little faster or hitting that feature you usually skip over. The Altitude has everything that you need to take your riding to the next level.
Looking at the needs of shorter riders vs. taller riders, we've introduced a wheelsize split on our medium Altitude frame. The Altitude is designed high speed descending and aggressive riding, which is why we've offered four frame sizes including both size small and medium with 27.5" wheels.
- Frame - SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB92. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry. 2 Position Axle. 160mm Travel. SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon Rear Triangle
- Sizes - SM-MD-LG-XL
- Fork - Fox 36 Float EVOL GRIP Performance Series 170mm | 27.5 = 37mm Offset | 29 = 44mm Offset
- Front Travel - 170mm
- Shock - Fox Float DPX2 Performance | Sealed Bearing Eyelet | 25x8mm F Hardware | SM = 210x55mm | MD - LG - XL = 230x60mm | Size-Specific tune in FAQ
- Rear Travel - 160mm
- Headset - FSA Orbit NO.57E | 36°x45° Bearings | 30.2mm x 41mm x 7.1mm Upper | 40mm x 51.8mm x 7.5mm Lower | 1.5" Crown Race
- Stem - Rocky Mountain 35 AM | 5° Rise | All Sizes = 40m
- Handlebar - Rocky Mountain AM | 780mm Width | 25mm Rise | 9° Backsweep | 5° Upsweep | 35mm Clamp
- Grips - Ergon GE10 EVO Lock On
- Brakes - Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston | Metal Pads | RT66 203mm F Rotor | RT66 180mm R Rotor
- Shifters - Shimano SLX
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
- Cranks & Chainrings - Race Face Aeffect Cinch | 27.5 = 34T | 29 = 32T | 24mm Spindle | 170mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano SM-BBMT500
- Cassette - Shimano SLX 10-51T
- Chain - Shimano M7100
- Front Hub - Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm | RMB Axle | 163mm x 12mm x 1.5mm
- Spokes - DT Swiss Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0
- Rims - WTB ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Tubeless | Tubeless Ready - Tape | Valves Incl | 32H
- Tires - F: Maxxis Assegai 2.5 WT 3C MaxxGrip EXO+ Tubeless Ready // R: Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra EXO+ Tubeless Ready
- Seatpost - Race Face Aeffect R Dropper 30.9mm | Shimano MT500 Remote | SM = 125mm | MD = 150mm | LG - XL = 175mm
- Saddle - WTB Volt Race | Cromoly Rails | 142mm Width
- Weight - 14.33 KG | 31.5 LBS | Incl. Inner Tubes
Size Specific tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
FORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
RIDE-9 adjustment system
The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Adjust your RIDE-9 position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes, and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
- Altitude Carbon Technical Manual (EN)
- Altitude sizing chart (EN - FR - DE - IT)
- Altitude Alloy Technical Manual (EN)
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review