Aksium is a great choice for everyday road riding. With a smart balance of high-quality materials and durable construction, it offers aspiring road riders the clear performance benefits of a high-quality wheelset.
- SKU: AKS/19/D6/F
This Aksium Disc model includes special features aimed at the unique demands of disc brake road bikes. It uses straight-pull spokes for added stiffness and strength, and we also increased the spoke count to 24 on both front and rear wheels.
With a 17mm internal width, these rims are compatible with tires up to 32mm, making them versatile, comfortable and ideal for challenging road conditions. The disc-specific hubs feature super strong QRM bearings that provide low friction and long-term durability.
The Aksium Disc is made for standard quick release and is compatible Center Lock brake rotors.
- Powerful, reliable disc brakes for added confidence and control.
24 spokes front and rear for optimized brake torque distribution.
Disc-brake optimized rim profile.
Disc-friendly spoke geometry and lacing pattern.
- Smooth, efficient ride quality.
Wider 17mm (inner width) rims allow tires up to 32mm.
High quality QRM cartridge bearings.
Straight pull round spokes are stronger than J-bend options.
- Front axle: 12x100 thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Not compatible with 15mm through axles.
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (LV3430100 - Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (LV2580100)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (LV3440100)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (LV3850100)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (LV2510900)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (LV2510800 - Delivered with the wheel)
- 12x142 rear axle adapters (LV2510700 - Delivered with the wheel)
- 12mm front hub cap (LV2680500 - Delivered with the wheel)
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (LV2680300 - Delivered with the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1905 grams
- Front without tyre: 870 grams
- Rear without tyre: 1035 grams
- Front: Quick release and 12x100 through axle compatible
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Drilling: traditional
- Height: 21 mm
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Joint: pinned
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: clincher
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Shape: straight pull, round
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts or Center Lock(R)
- Color: Black only
- Rear QR adapters for Instant Drive 360
- Front QR adapters
- Rim tape
- User guide
Instant Drive 360: The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review