If ever a bike resembled your most cherished mix tape compilation, the Hightower is it. Featuring our lower-link mounted shock design, updated, adjustable geometry, this “Engineering Best Of...” assembles some of our biggest design pleasers into one belte...
- SKU: SC2007-20436203
If ever a bike resembled your most cherished mix tape compilation, the Hightower is it. Featuring our lower-link mounted shock design, updated, adjustable geometry, this “Engineering Best Of...” assembles some of our biggest design pleasers into one belter of a road-trip companion.
The Hightower has been a does-it-all-well trail bike since its inception. More maneuverable than its longer-travel sibling, the Megatower, and more at home in the steep-and-chunky than its snappy cousin Tallboy, Hightower excels when the route covers ‘all points in between,’ and descents come courtesy of some big-ass climbs. The VPP suspension’s lower-link-mounted shock creates a nearly linear leverage curve, meaning it mops up bumps of all sizes and maintains the kind of progressivity normally reserved for our V10 DH bike!
140mm of rear travel complemented by a 150mm front end gives Hightower just a bit more front and rear travel over the first generation model. Combined with a slacker 65-degree head tube angle, the Hightower still sits squarely in the Goldilocks zone, but with a touch more “Oh sh*t get me out of here” capability when the porridge gets too hot!
Balancing stiffness and weight savings in all the right places is a hallmark of all Santa Cruz carbon frames and the Hightower flies the flag yet higher. The advanced composite chassis tracks well across all trail surfaces, holds a line, and is reactive to rider directions while isolating pedal-influenced inputs.
The Hightower also has a bonus disc to heighten the experience—the flip chip. In the High setting, the BB height is a little higher for those tricky tech trails and/or when Plus sized tires are required. In the Low position the shock rate is more progressive, to provide additional bottom-out resistance. Whatever mood you’re in, the tone of the Hightower can be adapted to meet your individual taste.
And speaking of taste, there’s a room for a water bottle inside the main frame and a threaded BB for convenience. There’s refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub. On top of that, there’s a tailgate shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock fender, and noise-canceling chainstay protector keeping things quiet.
The lifetime frame warranty, lifetime pivot bearing replacement policy, and lifetime guarantee on the optional Reserve carbon wheels assures you that the Hightower will keep delivering the hits for years to come.
- Weight - 14.3kg / 31.53lbs
- Material - Carbon C
- Fork - RockShox Lyrik Select+ 150mm 29"
- Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle
- Shifters - SRAM GX Eagle
- Crankset - SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 30t - 170mm (S-L), 175mm (XL-XXL)
- Cassette - SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain - SRAM NX Eagle
- Brakes - SRAM Code R
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Race Face Aeffect R 35x780
- Stem - Race Face Ride 50mm
- Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub - DT 370 15x110 32H (28H w/Reserve upgrade)
- Rear Hub - DT 370 12x148 32H (28H w/Reserve upgrade)
- Rims - Race Face AR Offset 30 29" Rims
- Rim Options - Santa Cruz Reserve 30 Carbon Rim
- Spokes - DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO TR
- Tubes - Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post - RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Race Saddle
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review